HIGH LEVEL PROCESSING
- Digital Filters:
- These filters can be categorized as low pass or high pass filters depending on which part of frequency spectrum it affects.
- The output signal of a high pass filter will contain the high frequency components, while output signal of the low pass filter will contain DC bias and low frequency components.
- Low frequency components are characterized by slow changes in the contrast or values of adjacent pixels.
- High frequency components reflect rapid changes - contrast encountered at the edge of an object.
- Low pass filter will not affect slow changes in an image and will attenuate high frequency components.